. . . Presents . . .
The 46th Annual Gem & Mineral Show
. Grand Prize Drawing for an Apple iPad mini .
Kate Collins Middle School
1625 Ivy Street, Waynesboro, Virginia
October 5 & 6, 2013
Saturday: 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Sunday: 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM
. . . . .
Admission is $2.00 for Adults . $1.00 for Students & Seniors
Children age twelve & under & Scouts in uniform admitted free
Proceeds benefit The Betty Lloyd Memorial Scholarship Fund
. . . . .
Events and attractions for you to enjoy at this year’s show include:
• Exhibits from SVGMS members & vendors illustrating the beauty & fascinating
aspects of the rocks & minerals found in the Shenandoah Valley & around the world
• Retail sales of rocks, gems, & jewelry from numerous vendors from around our region
• Gold panning demonstration & presentation by The Central Virginia Gold Prospectors
• A ‘treasure hunt’ for the wee folks – let the kids hunt for ‘gold’ & ‘rubies’!
• A rock tumbling display & discussion area – have you tried rock tumbling?
• Video presentations on rockhounding & lapidary topics
• Door prizes contributed by our vendors & members drawn for hourly both days
• A grand prize drawing for an Apple iPad mini will be held at the end of the show!
Please see our web site at:
For current information, details, directions and drawing rules.
These vendors will be offering mineral & fossil specimens & custom hand-crafted jewelry for sale:
The Shenandoah Valley Gem & Mineral Society
Caveny Creations – Fort Mill, SC
VA Rockhound Shop – Nellysford/Afton, VA
The Gem Tree – Covington, VA
Images – Charlottesville, VA
Amber America – Brooklyn, NY
White Rock Shadows – Annandale, VA
PGR – Penn Laird, VA
Lost Cove Minerals – Marion, NC
AGQ Design – Broadway, VA